Purchasing Assistant - Momentum Services Ltd

Purchasing Assitant Job Description

The Company and the role:
Momentum Services Ltd is the Company appointed by Eurostar to provide on board services on the high- speed trains linking London to Paris, Brussels, as well as the Netherlands.

We have a new role to assist the Procurement Manager in the delivery of the strategic procurement goals. You will assist in the delivery of agreed projects and deals across the range of product in line with agreed objectives.

The ideal candidate will have experience in a food or beverage company, preferably within a procurement and supply chain environment. The role will involve working with European suppliers.

Principal responsibilities:
• Ensuring compliance to procurement process on products, pricing and contract management
• Supplier cost and market data analysis
• Developing and maintaining specific databases and specification sheets
• Take a lead on ensuring accuracy and timely update of product pricing and other master data
• Support the Product department on the day to day activities
• Support the strategic objectives of the business/department by maintaining and developing an effective supplier selection and induction process
• Research supplier innovations, sustainable credentials and support the Product Team in the development of new product ranges
• Manage sourcing projects within deadlines and in line with the strategic direction of the department.

Compulsory requirements to apply:
• Good level of French and English language.
• Right to work in the UK.
• Given legislation controlling access to restricted zones, you will be required to successfully provide references from previous employers

Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Relevant procurement qualifications desirable but not mandatory
• Experience working in a food or beverage (or equivalent) purchasing role
• Good stakeholder management and communication skills
• Experience of international and cross: cultural working an advantage
• Strong analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
• Experience working in a service oriented organization with demanding customers

If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter by direct message.

Hello @V_Levasseur
I see that the announcement was made more than a year ago, nevertheless I am very interested in this position. As a big Eurostar user, I know the values of this transport company. I’d be delighted to talk to you.
Here’s my CV and cover letter.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rita