Administrative assistant - on trade wine business.
Caves de Pierre Ltd t/a Vinothentic. 8 employees.
Operations Coordinator & Office Director
Close to Old Street, London N1
As soon as possible
We are a fast-growing wine business specialising in the exclusive representation of top-level wine growers from around the world. We distribute thousands of bottles of wine every day to some of the capital’s most prestigious restaurants, bars, boutiques and private customers. We are looking to extend our team and recruit an administrative assistant to carry out a key role within our tight-knit team, and to help us to continue to provide the exceptionally high level of customer service for which we have a long-established reputation.
Scope of role
The Administrative assistant will report to the Operations Coordinator and the Office Director, while taking responsibility for managing both distribution and stock control in a hectic but dynamic work environment. The successful applicant will have an extremely sharp eye for detail, a head for figures and ideally a working knowledge of French, although this is not essential. No previous experience of the wine industry is necessary, but work experience in an office-based role is desirable and the ability to learn and differentiate between the many wine names and vintages.
A typical day includes planning and executing the delivery of hundreds of cases of wine to locations across central London, assisting in ensuring that stock levels are up to date and generating delivery notes, invoices, credit notes. Team members are expected to act independently while supporting each other in a variety of essential roles in this fast-paced environment. A ‘can do’ attitude is a must.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact and communicate on a daily basis with both customers and suppliers, answer phone, sort emails, in order to arrange deliveries and organise shipments.
- Issue and ensure accuracy in invoicing and delivery from all parties.
- Maintain and check stocks levels, perform stock takes, keep a close and accurate eye on stock levels and report to the Operations Coordinator to ensure that customer demands are met.
- Use QuickBooks, Word and Excel on a daily basis to produce invoices, delivery notes, credit notes, sales reporting, stock reports and purchase orders and any other admin tasks
- Order wine and help prepare training tools for the sales team
- Create and arrange printing of wine lists, customers’ menus and any other tailored services for clients (labels, etc…)
- Many other punctual missions depending on the activity
- Organized, meticulous, methodical, precise and pragmatic would best describe the successful applicant.
- Highly numerate
- A keen eye for detail in differentiating between vintages, wine varietals and regions as well as excellent grammar.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high standards of accuracy
- Great communication skills and the ability to impart information in a clear, professional and friendly manner to clients, suppliers and team members. A team player who is happy to work in a small but growing company where the flexibility to engage in a whole range of tasks is essential.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Working knowledge of French. Spanish or Italian would be a bonus.
What we offer
£21-22K annual salary depending on experience
Annual salary review
4 weeks’ holiday plus bank holidays
1 extra ‘personal’ day off for birthday
Option to join company health insurance scheme
Cost price wines
Individual staff training and personal development opportunities
Please send 1 page cover letter and CV using the job reference ‹ Administrative assistant › in the subject line. CVs which do not comprise a cover letter will not be considered.
Interviews in London w/c