L'expérience du "Thé à la française" - Tea time at Mariage Frères

Pardon? « thé à la française », what’s this?

Tea is English, Monsieur! Yes, Sir, but…

Have you ever experienced the French way of drinking tea in a « salon de thé »? Have you ever heard of « l’art français du thé » and of the prestigious - almost luxurious - French tea house « Mariage Frères »?

Whatever your answer is, come and join me!

I am offering to you a unique French London Experience: having a cup of tea (or a pot of tea) in a stunning place and a unique French tea room in London, in Covent Garden: Mariage Frères on King street. However, it is much more than a cup of tea!!!

We will meet in front of the place at 3pm (if it rains, we’ll meet inside the shop). Then I will take you inside.

Once every one arrived (please be on time!), I will introduce you to the place and the history of the company. Then, we will have a viewing of the Tea Emporium which offers more than one thousand varieties of tea with many flavours (yes more than 1.000). We’ll find out about the soul and origins of Mariage Frères Company and we’ll smell some aromas of tea.

Afterwards, we’ll go to the tea salon and have a cup of tea according the French way and we will be talking in French for the duration of the event.

Each guest will choose a pot of tea among 20ish varieties of tea and 2 little cakes among madeleines, cannelés and financiers, 3 typical French cakes to have with tea (please drop me a line if any diet issue).

The 90-minute EVENT WILL FULLY OCCUR IN FRENCH and is dedicated to NON NATIVE FRENCH SPEAKERS who want to take advantage of a unique experience to refine their French skills and to get more of the French way of life (at least a Pre-Intermediate level in French). NATIVES ARE WELCOME

Book your space here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/288905763917