Bonjour à tous !
Lady of the Grapes recherche un head Chef / Charcutier pour un bar à vin restaurant qui ouvre prochainement à Covent Garden.
Lady of the grapes is a wine bar, restaurant and shop, quality-obsessed, focused on minimal intervention viticulture and small, independent wine and food producers with a special emphasis on woman winemakers.
It is the best place in London to drink natural wines and eat organic and homemade food.
The wine bar / restaurant is opening soon. The position will start ASAP, before the opening to work on the menus.
The head chef will be a key member of our company and part of an amazing adventure.
He/She will be able to create the position and menu from scratch, cook classical, simple and modern french cuisine, and to work with the best quality seasonal and local products.
The successful chef will need to have personality, energy, strong communication skills, passion for food, wines pairing and organic products.
We are looking for someone willing to accompany the business’ long-term development and keen to grow with the company.
- Work in respect of the hygiene standards
- Be consistent, fast and meticulous
- Delivering quality and good presentation dish (Finest attention to detail)
- Cooking and portioning
- Prepare costs and calculate prices
- Daily preparation of customers’ orders
- Place orders with suppliers
- Stock management
- Managing kitchen staff
- Be a team player
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience as chef
- HACCP or other hygiene and/or health & Safety certification. And conforming at all times with health and hygiene regulations.
- Working knowledge and passion for cuisine and charcuterie
- Knowledge in sausage, charcuterie, smoke and cured meat making as well as patés, fois gras and rillette making. Experience as a charcutier is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and create new recipes
- Be creative
- Calm even under pressure
- Be able to work with meat as well as fish and vegetarian/vegan dishes
- Self-motivated, proactive with an entrepreneurial spirit and "get it done” mindset
- A WSET level will be a plus
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
What’s on offer?
- A fun, passionate, energetic, supportive management team to motivate and inspire you
- competitive pay rates
- A part of the service charge
- A possibility to create your menus and recipes
- Focused development plan so you can move forward with us as we continue to expand
- The best produces prepared fresh on site to order
- in-house training programmes to develop your wine and food pairing knowledge
- 48 Hour Contract (full-time only)
- Career progression
- Meals on duty
- 15% food or wine anytime
J’attends avec impatience vos CV et lettre de motivation par méssage privé
Merci et à bientôt !