French speaking Translation & Transcreation Specialist. Superb opportunity to join a world leading media, video games and media entertainment brand with a responsibility to work on all localisation and translation projects for their entertainment related materials (video games, website, apps content, product packaging etc.). 7 month contract to start immediately (remote work possible but ideally office based in London).
French to mother tongue standard as well as fluent English
Our client is a world leading media and entertainment production, delivering many recognised app and video gaming brands to the global market place.
To work as part of their global translation and editing team (for a 7 month contract) they wish to recruit a French speaking Localisation & Translation Specialist. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Localisation and proofreading of a wide variety of video game-related material such as press releases, websites, social media copy or video subtitles.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of language terminology and style in French
- Using a tone both engaging and appropriate for the local audience and the channel of communication while staying true to the source text information and brand directions.
- QA - Reviewing, revising, and proofing of translated material in context.
- Maintaining consistency of terminology and style.
- Ensuring accuracy of contents by gaining a thorough knowledge of games being promoted.
- Collaborating with other languages in order to keep high level of standards and quality across all languages.
- Daily interaction with in-house translation and editing team/Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- French to mother tongue standard as well as fluent English
- Translation and editing experience publishing under regular deadlines preferred
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise
- Creative writing style, adaptable to the type of contents.
- Excellent attention for details, ability to understand how different tasks can interact, handling of existing glossaries.
- Usage of CAT tools, in particular MemoQ, and a bility to learn new processes and software.
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and work under pressure (unpredictable schedules, tight deadlines).
- Passion for video games
- Good team-player
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING HOURS
£26,000-£35,000 per annum pro rata / approx £19 per hour (neg) (including holiday pay, sick pay and NI). 40 hour week, Monday - Friday, 09:30am-5:30pm, 1 hour lunch. 7 month contract. Inhouse
The job will be a 7 month fixed term contract (possible for a permanent job after)
To apply for this role as French speaking Localisation & Translation Specialist, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.