Franco-British organisation based London is looking for a bilingual Accounting and
Administrative Assistant. You will report to the Finance & Administrative Director and the
Chief Accountant. The job is primarily to assist with the organisation’s general accounting
function and with administrative tasks.
This is a 6-month contract to cover maternity leave
• Reconciliation of bank statements by comparing statements to general ledger,
• Preparation of documents requested for various audits,
• Ensuring that data is inputted into the system in timely fashion
• Acting as back-up for the account payable function when required.
• Working with and assisting the Finance Director on ad hoc projects,
• Preparing analyses and other documents for meetings of the Board and of various
school committees - as required by Finance Director
• Producing correspondence and documents and maintaining presentations, records,
spread sheets and databases and manipulating statistical data as required.
Performing general administrative tasks as required primarily by the Chief Accountant or the
FD but also occasionally by other managers, tasks include:
• Maintaining index and filing systems,
• Administering the organisation’s correspondence, paperwork and other clerical duties,
• Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information,
• Photocopying and reproducing documents, assisting other colleagues if required,
• Dealing with telephone & email enquiries as instructed by the FD , answering
telephone and relaying messages to them as required,
• Organising and booking the organisation sports facilities, visits and transport as
required by the FD and liaising with the manager as appropriate,
• Assisting the FD in the administration and implementation of insurance contracts.
Acting as cover for the receptionist during her absences (primarily during lunch hour or in
case of illness).
• Fluent French and English
• Previous experience in a similar role, ideally the candidate will study towards AAT
• French or UK accounting experience
• IT literate, SAGE 50 would be a plus
• Attention to details and ability to work to deadlines
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team