Picturehouse Cinemas, formed in 1989 and are now a stand-alone division of Cineworld Group PLC. Independent, art-house and foreign-language films have always been central to our profile. Equally, each of our cinemas is programmed in response to its local audience, and most of our venues have mainstream blockbusters and quality crossover titles in the mix.
Picturehouse cinemas have bars and, where possible, restaurants which are central to the experience and are important to providing a ‘grown-up’ experience for our audiences.
Providing quality food and drink is as important as providing quality films.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Front of House team. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and the passion to deliver the Picturehouse Experience every day.
To welcome and serve visitors to the cinema in an individual and informed way whilst delivering the highest standard of customer service at all times. You will support the cinema team to promote the benefits of membership and continuously drive sales, whilst ensuring a smooth running of the cinema in line with policies and procedures. You will be fully trained to perform different duties at various times across the cinema. Your duties will include Box Office duties, Retail duties, Usher duties, Bar duties and Kitchen duties with particular attention paid to customer service in all areas.
Customer Service – You will:
• Deliver an excellent standard of customer service in line with the Picturehouse Experience Expectations through individuality, serving pleasantly and efficiently whilst managing queues effectively and having up to date product knowledge to maximise customer enjoyment and encourage repeat visits
• Guide customers to their seats where necessary; following the correct ticket verification procedure including Member card holders and ensuring every person who enters the cinema has a ticket
• Respond to verbal customer complaints/queries immediately, where appropriate using your own skill and knowledge to resolve or direct to an appropriate person who can assist
• Be knowledgeable about the cinema’s services and facilities
• Ensure all communication via radios is appropriate, clear and concise
• Provide information on performance start and finish times, films synopsis and film classification
• Be aware of the policy towards film piracy within the cinema and take appropriate action when necessary
• Be aware of and enforce all film classifications and identification procedure
• Ensure all lost property is correctly delivered to the appropriate area and logged in line with policy
• Monitor screens for piracy, picture & sound quality, temperature, customer disturbance and any H&S issues
Promoting Sales – You will:
• Be knowledgeable of current marketing promotions and raise customer awareness
• Ensure sales accuracy by processing transactions, memberships and discounts correctly and in line with policy
• Promote Membership through personal recommendations and upcoming films, highlighting the benefits and rewards of the Membership scheme
• Promote and encourage sales through organised and attractive displays using up to date POS, ensuring rotation of stock i.e. adhering to First In, First Out (FIFO) process; and suggesting suitable additional products (such as cake with coffee)
• Ensure all wastage is correctly recorded by following the wastage procedures
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
• Passionate about excellent customer service
• Confident in communication with customers and colleagues
• Works effectively as part of a team
• Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
• Resourceful and able to work under pressure
• Available to work at key business times i.e. evenings and weekends
• Cash handling experience
• Experience in a service related industry
• An interest in and knowledge of film and Picturehouse’s programming strands
TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: